Indigo powder is a dye that comes from the crushed leaves of the indigo plant.
It is a natural dye that you can use to color your hair or beard, with or without henna.
Each packet of Divino’s Indigo Powder provides you with a variety of hair colour shades. Indigo leaves are known to give a natural blue tint and indigo hair dye that is extracted from the leaves of the Indigo plants can colour your hairs with a natural blue shade. Experiment with a variety of tints as you mix this indigo powder with henna in a variety of proportions that is sure to yield beautiful shades like medium brown, light brown, or dark brown, including that of darker shades of brown, black cherry or mahogany in accordance to the proportions used. It is 100% Ammonia free.
199 in stock
How Is Indigo Powder Hair Dye Made?
The blue coloring matter is naturally present in indigo leaves in the form of glycoside (glucose and Indoxyl). Once the leaves are soaked in water and fermented, the sugar (glucose) is consumed by the bacteria releasing the Indoxyl. Indoxyl is the precursor to indigo dye and is called white indigo. When indoxyl oxidises, we get blue dye.
To make the indigo powder hair dye, indigo plants are harvested and the leaves are collected separately. Then they are partially fermented to release the dye, sun dried till crisp to remove any moisture and then powdered.
Soak the Henna Powder in Tea Water or Coffee Water overnight. Include just a dash of Lemon Juice in case you wish to. Include Yogurt or Egg for extra conditioning. On the following day, apply the paste on clean hair for an hour and a half, dependent upon preferred intensity. Rinse well just with water, repeating the same number of times as you naturally need. Try not to use shampoo. You can use shampoo as usual, on your next shampoo day.
Blend the Indigo Powder in warm Water to set up a paste. Apply on your hair, utilizing gloves if applying with your hands, or a spatula. Leave on for 45 minutes, or more, depending upon preferred intensity. Rinse thoroughly, and wash your hair with a shampoo.
WHAT ARE THE USES/BENEFITS OF INDIGO POWDER?
- It treats and prevents premature greying.
- It can lead to new hair growth and treat baldness.
- It treats dandruff and conditions your hair.
- It makes the hair shiny and soothes the scalp.
- It covers grey hair.
- You can go from black to brown by combining it with henna.
- It fights dandruff.
- For external use only
- If you have a specific allergy or sensitivity, do not use product(s) with ingredients that may trigger a reaction. An allergy patch test is recommended if there is any doubt or history of skin reactions. Discontinue use if a reaction occurs.
- Please consult a healthcare provider if you have any questions about a particular health condition.